Luolei Zhang Associate professor
Office ：Ocean building 505
Mailing Address：School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University, 1239 Siping Road, Shanghai 200092, China
2009.10 – 2011.04: Visiting student, Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, Japan
2008.03 – 2011.09: D.Sci., Solid Geophysics, Tongji University, China
2005.09 – 2008.03: M.Sci., Solid Geophysics, Tongji University, China
2001.09 – 2005.06: B.Sci., Geophysics, Tongji University, China
2014.12 – Associate Professor, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University, China
2011.10 – 2014.08: Postdoctoral Fellow, Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo, Japan
1. Forward Modeling and Inversion of Geophysics
2.Integrated Geophysical Exploration
1.The National Natural Science Fund (41506053): The key technologies in the data processing and three-dimensional inversion for the ocean bottom magnetotelluric, 2016-2018, project leader, 240,000RMB.
2.Project from Chinese Academy of Geologecal Sciences: High precision three-dimensional electrical distribution imaging in Tibet, 2016-2017, project leader, 200,000RMB.
3.Project from Shanghai Jiaotong University: Study on joint inversion method of magnetotelluric and seismic, project leader, 150,000RMB.
4.Independent project of State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology (Tongji University) (MG20160407): Study on three-dimensional inversion of the seafloor electromagnetic data, project leader, 100,000RMB.
5.Project for the Young Talented Researchers of Tongji University (2015KJ031): The study of 3-D electromagnetic field for electrical structures of ocean lithosphere, 2016-2017, project leader, 100,000RMB.
6.Open project of the Institute of Geology and Geophysics: Research on the key technology of 3-D inversion using the OBEM data, 2015-2016, project leader, 50,000RMB.
7.National Key Research and Development Plan (2016YFC060110401): 3-D joint inversion of gravity, magnetic and MT data based on new structure-coupled constraint, 2016-2019, major participants, 600,000RMB.
8.National Major Special Scientific Project (the 13th Five-Year Plan) Special Subject (2016ZX05004-003): Study on 3-D joint inversion of gravity, magnetic and MT data based on a constraint of model space coupled, 2016-2020, major participants, 629,600RMB.
9.National Major Special Scientific Project (the 13th Five-Year Plan) Special Subject (2016ZX05027008): Evaluation of oil and gas resource potential in the Yangtze depression, 2016-2019, major participants, 3,164,400RMB.
1. Yang Xiang, Peng Yu, Luolei Zhang, Shaokong Feng, Hisashi Utada. Regularized magnetotelluric inversion based on a minimum support gradient stabilizing functional. Planets and Space. 2017, 69(158), doi: 10.1186/s40623-017-0743-y.
2. Kiyoshi Baba, Noriko Tada, Tetsuo Matsuno, Pengfei Liang, Ruibai Li, Luolei Zhang, Hisayoshi Shimizu, Natsue Abe, Naoto Hirano, Masahiro Ichiki, Hisashi Utada. Electrical conductivity of old oceanic mantle in the northwestern Pacific I: 1?D profiles suggesting differences in thermal structure not predictable from a plate cooling model. Earth, Planets and Space. 2017, 69(111), doi: 10.1186/s40623-017- 0697-0.
3. Chongjin Zhao, Peng Yu, Luolei Zhang. A new stabilizing functional to enhance the sharp boundary in potential field regularized inversion，Journal of Applied Geophysics. 2016, 135(2016): 356-366.
4. YANG Wencai, ZHANG Luolei, XU Yixian, YU Changqing, YU Peng, ZHANG Binzheng, YANG Bo. Three Dimensional Electrical Resistivity Structures of the Tarim Basin. Acta Geologica Sinica, 2015, 89(12): 2203-2212.
5. YANG Wencai, XU Yixian, ZHANG Luolei, YU Changqing, YU Peng, ZHANG Binzheng, YANG Bo. Magnetotelluric Investigation and 3D Lithospheric Structures in the Tarim Terrane. Acta Geologica Sinica, 2015, 89(7): 1151-1161.
6. Luolei Zhang, Kiyoshi Baba, Pengfei Liang, Hisayoshi Shimizu, Hisashi Utada. The 2011 Tohoku Tsunami observed by an array of ocean bottom electromagnetometers. Geophys. Res. Lett., 2014, 41 (14): 4937-4944.
7. Luolei Zhang, Hisashi Utada, Hisayoshi Shimizu, Kiyoshi Baba, Takuto Maeda. Three-dimensional simulation of the electromagnetic ?elds induced by the 2011 Tohoku tsunami. J. Geophys. Res., 2014, 119 (1): 150–168.
8. Kiyoshi Baba, Noriko Tada, Luolei Zhang, Pengfei Liang, Hisayoshi Shimizu, Hisashi Utada. Is the electrical conductivity of the northwestern Pacific upper mantle normal?. Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 2013, 14 (12): 4969–4979.
9. Luolei Zhang, Takao Koyama, Hisashi Utada, Peng Yu, Jialin Wang. A regularized three-dimensional magnetotelluric inversion with a minimum gradient constraint. Geophys. J. Int., 2012, 189 (1): 296-316.
10. CHEN Xiao, YU Peng, ZHANG Luo-Lei, LI Yang, WANG Jia-Lin. Adaptive regularized synchronous joint inversion of MT and seismic data. Chinese J. Geophys., 2011, 54 (10): 2673-2681.
11. ZHANG Luo-Lei, YU Peng, WANG Jia-Lin, CHEN Xiao, LI Yang. Study of three-dimensional MT forward modeling based on MNS technique. Chinese J. Geophys., 2010, 53 (11): 2715-2723.
12. LI Yang, YU Peng, ZHANG Luo-Lei, WANG Jia-Lin, WU Jian-Sheng. Distortion decomposition of magnetotelluric impedance tensor based on hybrid optimization algorithm. Chinese J. Geophys., 2010, 53 (8): 1924-1930.
13. ZHANG Luo-Lei, YU Peng, WANG Jia-Lin, WU Jian-Sheng, CHEN Xiao, LI Yang. A study on 2D magnetotelluric sharp boundary inversion. Chinese J. Geophys., 2010, 53 (3): 631- 637. (SCI)
14. ZHANG Luo-Lei, YU Peng, WANG Jia-Lin, WU Jian-Sheng. Smoothest model and sharp boundary based two-dimensional magnetotelluric inversion. Chinese J. Geophys., 2009, 52(6):1625-1632.
《Applied Gephysics II》、《Processing and interpretation for geophysical data II》、《Geophysical practice》(undergraduate course)
《Geophysical inversion method》、《Electromagnetic wave propagation and imaging I》(postgraduate course)
《Electromagnetic wave propagation and imaging II》(doctoral course)
Serving on academic journal
1.Associate editor of Interpretation
2.Reviewer of Scientific Report, Journal of Geophysical Research, Geophysics, Journal of Applied Geophysics, Chinese Journal of Geophysics, Applied Geophysics.
Serving on academic organization
1.Member of American Geophysical Union (AGU)
2.Active member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
3.Member of Chinese Geophysical Society
4.Member of China Creative Studies institute