Zijun Wu Professor
|Office ：Ocean building #414|
Mailing Address：School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University, 1239 Siping Road, Shanghai 200092, China
1994/09 - 1998/06, Central South University, Geological engineering, Bachelor of engineering;
1998/09 - 2001/03, Zhejiang University, Environmental science, Master of sciences;
2003/09 - 2006/06, Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Geochemistry, Ph. D.
2008/06-, School of marine and Earth Sciences, Tongji University, Associate professor, Professor;
2012/03-2013/04, German Baltic Sea Institute of Oceanography (IOW), Visiting scholar;
2006/06-2008/06, School of Earth and Space Sciences University of Science & Technology China, geospatial Institute, postdoc;
2001/03-2003/09, Hefei Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau, Anhui Province, engineer.
1.Early dagenesis processes and its C-S-Fe cycle in marine sediments.
2.Biogeochemical processes and environmental effects of submarine groundwater discharge.
1. Organic matter diagenesis and mineralization process of the sediments and its contribution to the dissolved inorganic carbon (DIC) in the Beibu Gulf, South China Sea, 2012.01-2015.10, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2. Ocean carbon storage mechanism and regional carbon-nitrogen-sulfur cycle coupled to global change under the subject of" Marine sedimentary carbon nitrogen sulfur and carbon storage mechanism "(2016YFA0601102), 2016.07-2021.07, National key research program of the global change and its response.
3. Sulfate reducing and formation of iron and sulfur minerals in sediments under different salinity environments in Yangtze River Estuary and its adjacent waters, 2017.01-2019.12, Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai.
4. The sulfate reduction and authigenic iron sulfide formation in the sediments of the East China Sea shelf: the influence and contribution of methane anaerobic oxidation (AOM), 2009.01-2011.12, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
1.Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang, Peng Xiaotong. Anaerobic oxidation of methane: Geochemical evidence from pore-water in coastal sediments of Qi’ao Island, southern China. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2006, 51(16): 2006-2015.
2.Zhou Huaiyang, Wu Zijun, Peng Xiaotong. The detection of methane plumes in Logachev hydrothermal Vent field (Mid-Atlantic Ridge). Chinese Science Bulletin, 2007, 52(15):2140-2146.
3.Wu Zijun, Jia Nan, Sun Liguang. Biomineralization process occurring in iron mud of coastal seepage area of Zhoushan Island, Zhejiang Province. Submitted to Chinese Science Bulletin, 2008，53(5)：1-10.
4.Wu Zijun, Yuan Linxi, Sun Liguang Microbial Biomineralization of Iron Seepage Water: Implication for the Iron Ores Formation in Zhoushan Island, East China Sea. Geochemical Journal, 2009,43(3):167-177.
5.Z Wu，H Zhou，S Zhang，Y Liu. Using 222 Rn to estimate submarine groundwater discharge (SGD) and the associated nutrient fluxes into Xiangshan Bay, East China Sea，《Marine Pollution Bulletin》，2013, 73(1):183-191.
6.Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang，Peng Xiaotong. Rates of bacterial sulfate reduction and their response to experimental temperature changes in coastal sediments of Qi’ao Island, Zhujiang River Estuary in China. Acta Oceanologica Sinica，2014，33（8）：10-17.
7.Chen Shun，Wu Zijun*，Peng Xiaotong. Experimental study on weathering of seafloor volcanic glass by bacteria (Pseudomonas fluorescens) - Implications for the contribution of bacteria to the water-rock reaction at the Mid-Oceanic Ridge setting，Journal of Asian Earth Sciences，2014，90：15-25.
8.Wu Zijun，Huaiyang Zhou，De Zhangren, Hang Gao，Jiangtao Li. Processes controlling the seasonal and spatial variations in sulfate profiles in the pore water of the sediments surrounding Qi'ao Island, Pearl River Estuary, Southern China，Continental Shelf Research. 2015，98：26-35.
9.Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang, et al., 2016. Quantifying the sources of dissolved inorganic carbon within the sulfate-methane Transition zone in nearshore sediments of Qi'ao Island, Pearl River Estuary, Southern China. Science China: Earth Sciences, 2016, 59(10), 1959-1970.
10.Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang, et al., 2016. Sulfate reduction and formation of iron sulfide minerals in nearshore sediments of Qi'ao Island, Pearl River Estuary, Southern. China. Quaternary International, Doi：10.1016/j.quaint.2016.06.003.
11. Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang, Peng Xiaotong, et al. Anaerobic oxidation of methane in sediments of Guishan Island in Pearl River Estuary. Progress in natural science, 2007, 17 (7): 905-912 (Chinese with English abstract).
12. Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang, Peng Xiaotong. The controlling factors of pore water methane and sulfate interface in the sediments of Pearl River Estuary and its adjacent sea. Oceanologia et limnologia Sinica, 2009, 40 (3): 249 - 260 (Chinese with English abstract). .
13. Wu Zijun, Ren De Zhang, Zhou Huaiyang. Methane anaerobic oxidation (AOM) and its influence on the inorganic sulfur cycle in marine sediments", Progress in Geosciences ", 2013, 28 (7): 765-773 (Chinese with English abstract). .
14. Wu Zijun, Zhou Huaiyang. Research progress on the long-term seafloor observation network of Canadian, Engineering research: Engineering in the interdisciplinary field of vision, 2016, 2:131-138 (Chinese with English abstract).
1. “International progress in seafloor scientific observation networks”, Tongji University press, 2017;
2. "Ocean drilling and seafloor observation", Shanghai children's press, 2017.
"An introduction to marine resources" (For Undergraduate students)
An introduction to Oceanography - Marine Chemistry part (For Undergraduate students)
"Seabed resources and exploration" (For Master's graduate students)
"Biomineralization geochemistry" (For Master's graduate students)
" Biogeochemistry in extreme environments " (For Doctoral graduate students)
Current students ：
Master: Zhang Yonghua, Wang Fukang, Liu Weining
Former students ：
Master: Wang Jiao, Sun Yueling, Liu Hongyu, Luan Zhaofu